The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Operations, Energy, and Environmental Management, Faculty of Management and Economics, with an expected starting date of January 1st, 2022:
Assistant Professor (postdoc), non-tenure track (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 100 %
Minimum salary: € 55,242.60 per annum (gross), classification according to collective agreement: B1 lit. b
Limited to: 6 years (the position is offered without the option of negotiating a qualification agreement)
Application deadline: November 17th, 2021
Reference code: 627/21
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Original research and publications in leading international academic journals in the field of Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Presentations of scientific contributions at international conferences
- Acquisition and execution of research projects
- Participation in the research and teaching projects run by the organisational unit
- Supervision of students
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- Contribution to expanding the international scientific and cultural contacts of the organisational unit
Prerequisites for the appointment:
- Doctoral degree in business administration, operations research or a related field
- Profound knowledge in one or more of the following fields: Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Profound knowledge in quantitative methods of decision-oriented business administration, in particular in optimization, simulation or business analytics
- Relevant publications in peer reviewed journals
- Teaching experience at university level
- Excellent knowledge of English (fluent spoken and written English)
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience in the acquisition and running of third-party funded projects
- Experience in the university’s self-governance
- International activities
- Teaching experience in English
- Fluent in German (fluent spoken and written German)
- Strong communication and dissemination skills, ability to work in a team
The employment contract is concluded for the position as Assistant Professor (postdoc) and stipulates a starting salary of € 3,945.90 gross per month (14 times a year; previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognized in accordance with the collective agreement).
The position is offered without the option of negotiating a qualification agreement.
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as- employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including publication and teaching record
- Other documentary evidence that may be relevant to this announcement (see prerequisites and desired qualifications)
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 627/21 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position”.
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by the 15th of December 2021 at the latest.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Margaretha Gansterer (email@example.com). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.