The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship at the Faculty of Management, Economics and Law with an expected starting date of March 1st, 2023:
Senior Scientist (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 100 % (40 hours/week)
Minimum salary: € 56,861.-- per annum (gross); classification according to collective agreement: B1 lit. b
Limited to: the duration of the position holder's leave (presumably until December 31st, 2025)
Application deadline: February 8th, 2023
Reference code: 734/22
- Independent research with the aim of habilitation
- Independent delivery of courses using established and innovative methods (e.g. digital teaching)
- Participation in the research and teaching projects run by the organisational unit in both German and English
- Supervision of students
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- Contribution to expanding the international scientific and cultural contacts of the organisational unit
- Doctoral degree in the field of management studies completed with distinction at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Strong background in entrepreneuship
- Very good knowledge in empirical social research
- Very good command of English and German (fluent spoken and written)
- Sound knowledge of social innovation and sustainable entrepreneurship
- Relevant publications in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship, preferably in highly ranked journals
- Experience in empirical research methods
- Didactic competence and proven successful teaching experience preferably in entrepreneurship and/or innovation management in German or English language at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Independent supervision of Bachelor’s or Master’s theses
- Willingness to actively participate in research, teaching and administration
- Scientific curiosity and enthusiasm for imparting knowledge
The employment contract is concluded with an entry-level salary of € 4,061.50 gross per month (14 times per year; crediting of job-specific previous experience in accordance with the collective agreement is possible).
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including publication and lecture lists as well as details and an explanation of research and teaching activities (please do not include a photo); regarding your journal publications, please include the journal impact factor as well as providing your h-index
- Proof of all completed higher education programmes (certificates, supplements, if applicable)
- Outline of the content of the doctoral programme (listing academic achievements, intermediate examinations, etc.) as well as the content of the thesis (summary, any expert reviews)
- Other documentary evidence that may be relevant to this announcement (see Prerequisites and desired qualifications, e.g. course evaluation from the last four teaching semesters)
- Three journal publications, preferably in the field of entrepreneurship, which highly reflect your research interests and prove your academic qualities
- Please provide three references (contact details of persons who the university may contact by telephone for information purposes)
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 734/22 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position”.
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by February 8th, 2023 at the latest.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Univ. Prof. DI Dr. Erich Schwarz (firstname.lastname@example.org). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Person.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.