The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position:
Senior Scientist (all genders welcome)
at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, Department for Didactics of Mathematics. This is a 75 % (30 hours/week) part-time position, limited to 1 year. The minimum monthly gross salary is € 2,917.10 (Uni-KV B1 lit. b, www.jobs.aau.at/en/faq/), paid 14 times a year, and can increase to € 3,232.00 (Uni-KV B1 lit. c) by taking previous experience into account. The starting date is February 1, 2021.
- autonomous scientific work including the preparation of publications
- active participation in the research activities of the department, especially in the development of applications for the external funding of research projects
- independent teaching at the university (2 hours a week)
- substantive support of administration and organisation at the department, especially in the planning and realisation of the Eleventh International Mathematics Education and Society Conference, planned for September 2021
- completed doctoral degree in mathematics education
- proficiency in English
Candidates must provide proof that they meet all the requirements for the appointment by October 28, 2020 at the latest.
- specialization in the fields of inclusive mathematics education, critical mathematics education, ethnomathematics, and/or epistemology of mathematics
- peer-reviewed publications
- proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- social competence and ability to work in a team
As part of its human resources policy, the University of Klagenfurt places particular emphasis on anti-discrimination, equal opportunities and diversity.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
Information on the position and research environment can be obtained from David Kollosche (firstname.lastname@example.org). General Information for applicants is available at https://www.aau.at/en/jobs/information.
Applications in English or German comprising all relevant information for reference code 568/20 must be submitted online by October 28, 2020 by pressing the button “Apply for this position”.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.