The University of Klagenfurt wants to attract more qualified women for professorships.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Financial Management, Faculty of Management and Economics, in compliance with the provisions of § 98 (permanent) or § 99 (limited to 5 years) Austrian Universities Act:
Professor of Corporate Finance
This is a full-time contract. The decision on either § 98 (unlimited term) or § 99 (five years fixed term) depends on the candidates’ qualifications and will be made upon appointment.
With approximately 12,000 students, the University of Klagenfurt is a young, vibrant and innovative university, located at the intersection of Alpine and Mediterranean culture in an area that offers exceptionally high quality of life. As public university pursuant to § 6 of the Austrian Universities Act, it receives federal funding. The university operates under the motto “Beyond Boundaries!” and holds rank 77 worldwide in the Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings 2022.
In accordance with its key strategic road map, the Development Plan, the university’s primary guiding principles and objectives include the pursuit of scientific excellence regarding the appointment of professors, favourable research conditions, a good faculty-student ratio, and the promotion of the development of young scientists.
The duties of the position include:
- Representing the field of Corporate Finance in research and teaching
- Teaching in relevant study programmes at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral level in German and English and supervision of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral theses. German language skills are not a prerequisite, but teaching ability and proficiency in German (Level B2) are expected within two years after appointment
- Advising and mentoring of students and early career researchers
- Acquisition and management of competitive research grants
- Collaboration in research and public relation activities of the department and the faculty
- Participation in university management
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in a relevant field
- Doctoral degree
- Excellent research and publication record in the field of the position
- Integration in the international research community
- University-level teaching experience and didactic competence
- Fluency in English
- Experience in acquisition and management of competitive research grants
- Experience in (co-)supervision of academic theses
- International experience
- Fluency in German
- Social skills, competence in leadership and management of teams
- Competence in gender mainstreaming and diversity management
The duties of the professorship require that the future professor shall establish Klagenfurt as their primary place of work.
The university is committed to increasing the number of women among the faculty, particularly in high-level positions, and therefore specifically invites applications from qualified women. Among equally qualified candidates, women will receive preferential consideration. People with disabilities or chronic diseases who meet the qualification criteria are explicitly invited to apply.
The salary is subject to negotiation. The minimum gross salary for the position at this level (salary group A1 for faculty according to the Austrian Universities’ Collective Bargaining Agreement) is currently € 76,130.-- per year.
In accordance with the Austrian Income Tax Act an attractive relocation tax allowance can be granted for the first five years in the case of appointments to professorships in Austria. The prerequisites are subject to examination on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail no later than January 9, 2023 to email@example.com, including:
- A mandatory principal part not exceeding four pages (https://jobs.aau.at/wp-content/uploads/specimen_main_part_application_professorship.doc). The submission of the mandatory principal part mentioned above constitutes a necessary condition for the validity of your application.
- One single PDF including:
- a letter of motivation
- a detailed scientific CV
- copies of relevant diploma
- a comprehensive list of publications and working papers, talks, of all courses taught, and a list of (co-)supervised theses
- any supplementary documents where applicable (e.g., course evaluations)
- electronic versions of your three most important publications or working papers
- a list of acquired research grants incl. volumes
- a research statement
- a teaching statement (including a statement on remote teaching)
For general information please refer to the information leaflet provided at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. For specific information about the position please contact Dean Margaretha Gansterer (Tel.: +43 463 2700 4079; firstname.lastname@example.org).
We regret that the university cannot reimburse applicants’ travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and/or hiring procedure.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.