The University of Klagenfurt wants to attract more qualified women for professorships.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity, Faculty of Technical Sciences, in compliance with the provisions of § 98 (permanent) or § 99 (limited to 5 years) Austrian Universities Act:
Professor of Adaptive and Networked Production Systems
This is a full-time position, available from 1st of October 2023. The decision on either § 98 (unlimited term) or § 99 (five years fixed term) depends on the candidates’ qualifications and will be made upon appointment.
With approximately 10,000 students, the University of Klagenfurt is a young, vibrant and innovative university, located at the intersection of Alpine and Mediterranean culture in an area that offers exceptionally high quality of life. As public university pursuant to § 6 of the Austrian Universities Act, it receives federal funding. The university operates under the motto “Beyond Boundaries!” and holds rank 77 worldwide in the Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings 2022.
In accordance with its key strategic road map, the Development Plan, the university’s primary guiding principles and objectives include the pursuit of scientific excellence regarding the appointment of professors, favourable research conditions, a good faculty-student ratio, and the promotion of the development of young scientists.
The duties of the position include:
- Representing the field of Adaptive and Networked Production Systems in research and teaching, with a focus on Computer Science in particular through the design of algorithms and the application of methods of Artificial Intelligence for problems of production planning, control, and optimization
- Teaching in relevant degree programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral level, both in German and in English, as well as supervision of student projects and academic theses
- Advising and mentoring of students and early career researchers
- Competitive research grant acquisition and management
- Collaboration with industry partners
- Participation in university management
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or a neighbouring field
- Excellent research and publication record in the scientific area of the professorship
- Embeddedness in the international research community
- Teaching experience at university level and didactic competence
- Experience in the acquisition and management of competitive research grants
- Experience from collaborations with industry partners in the scientific area of the professorship
- Fluency in English
- Competence in leadership and management of teams
- Experience in the (co-)supervision of academic theses
- Experience with university management
- International experience
- Excellent scientific dissemination skills
- Competence in gender mainstreaming and diversity management
German language skills are not a formal prerequisite, but proficiency at level B2 is expected within two years.
The duties of the professorship require that the successful candidate will establish Klagenfurt as primary place of work.
The university is committed to increasing the number of women among the faculty, particularly in high-level positions, and therefore specifically invites applications from qualified women. Among equally qualified candidates, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases who meet the qualification criteria are explicitly invited to apply.
The salary is subject to negotiation. The minimum gross salary for positions at this level (salary group A1 for faculty according to the Austrian Universities’ Collective Bargaining Agreement) is currently € 76,130.- per year.
In accordance with the Austrian Income Tax Act an attractive relocation tax allowance can be granted for the first five years in the case of appointments to professorships in Austria. The prerequisites are subject to examination on a case by case basis.
The University of Klagenfurt is aware of its social responsibility in times of COVID-19. This is reflected by the high proportion of fully immunised persons among students and employees. For this reason, a continued readiness to be vaccinated in connection with COVID-19 is expected upon entering into university employment.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail no later than September 25, 2022 to email@example.com, including:
- a mandatory principal part not exceeding four pages (https://jobs.aau.at/wp-content/uploads/specimen_main_part_application_professorship.doc). The submission of the mandatory principal part mentioned above constitutes a necessary condition for the validity of your application.
- one single PDF including:
- a letter of motivation
- a detailed scientific CV
- a comprehensive list of publications, talks, and of all courses taught
- any supplementary documents where applicable (e.g., course evaluations)
- links to publicly available versions of your three most important publications within the scope of this professorship
- a research statement
- a teaching statement (including a statement on remote teaching)
For general information please refer to the information leaflet provided at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. For specific information about the position please contact Prof. Dr. Dietmar Jannach (Tel.: +43 463 2700 3720; firstname.lastname@example.org).
We regret that the university cannot reimburse applicants’ travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and/or hiring procedure.
Translations into languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.