Dieser Job ist auch auf German vorhanden
The University of Klagenfurt is establishing a Karl Popper Kolleg (doctoral programme) under the title “Responsible Safe and Secure Robotic Systems Engineering (SEEROSE)”, and is pleased to announce the following open position:
Pre-Doc Scientist (f/m/d)
This is a 75 % employment position (30 hours per week; Uni-KV B1; www.aau.at/en/uni-kv), limited to 36 months. The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to € 2,196.80 paid 14 times per year and can be increased to a maximum of € 2,604.30 (lit. a) by taking previous experience into account. The expected starting date is 1 March 2021.
- Research and scientific qualification within the above-mentioned Karl Popper Kolleg with the aim of completing a doctoral thesis in the field of Software Engineering
- Presentation of scientific results in publications and at conferences
- Close interdisciplinary collaboration with international cooperation partners and persons in other subprojects belonging to the Kolleg in the fields of Psychology, Robot Ethics, and Security
The research area is assigned to the interdisciplinary field of Robotics Security. The overarching objective of the Kolleg is the development of new and innovative safety mechanisms, integrating the interplay of technical, ethical and psychological aspects in the context of software development (especially robotic systems). For further information on the project as a whole and on the resulting research priorities of the Kolleg, please refer to the SEEROSE website.
The Kolleg offers an international and interdisciplinary research environment, working in close cooperation with science and industry, and in particular with Joanneum Research ROBOTICS.
- Master’s or Diploma degree in the fields of Informatics/Computer Science with particular focus on Software Engineering, completed at a domestic or foreign higher education institution.
- Sound knowledge in at least one of the following research areas:
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Mining Software Repositories
- Software Testing
- Program Analysis
- Good command of written and spoken English
Candidates must provide proof that they meet all the requirements for the appointment by 1 February 2021 at the latest, or else provide appropriate supporting documents at the time of application.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Interest in the interdisciplinary research approach when addressing the Kolleg’s research questions
- International and practical experience relevant to the position
- Knowledge of robot system programming
- First relevant scientific publications (other than the Master’s or Diploma thesis)
The University of Klagenfurt seeks to increase the ratio of women in scientific positions and therefore encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications comprising all relevant information for reference code 400/20 must be submitted online by 30 September, 2020 by pressing the button “Apply for this position”.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.