The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Business Management (Marketing and International Management), Faculty of Management and Economics, with an expected starting date of 2 November 2022
PreDoc Scientist (in German: Universitätsassistent/in) in Marketing and International Management (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 75 % (30 hours per week)
Minimum salary: € 2,294.00 per month (gross), it can be increased to a maximum of
€ 2,719.40 (lit.a) gross by taking into consideration previous job-specific experience.
Classification according to collective agreement: Uni-KV: B1
Limited to: 4 years (with the aim of completing a doctoral thesis)
Application deadline: 7 September 2022
Reference code: 309/22
- Collaborative and independent research in the fields of marketing and communication with the aim of completing a doctoral thesis in the doctoral programme "Health and Sustainability Communication and Management” (with the degree of a doctorate in social and economic sciences)
- Planning, implementation and coordination of projects and events (research projects, guest lectures, conferences)
- Graduate and undergraduate teaching in Marketing and International Management courses, using established and innovative methods (e.g., digital teaching), incl. coordination of student excursions abroad
- Supervision of students
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- Master´s or Diploma degree in Business Administration or a business-related field of study with a good academic record
- Very good knowledge of German and English (fluent spoken and written)
- Emphasis on Marketing or International Management during studies
- First experiences with research projects (e.g. empirical study in the Master’s or Bachelor’s thesis)
- Experience with quantitative research methods and software (e.g. SPSS)
- First experiences in university teaching (e.g. tutorials and/or co-teaching)
- Willingness to actively participate in research, teaching and administration
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for team work
- International experience
The employment contract is concluded with a starting salary of € 2,294.00 gross per month (14 times a year; previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised in accordance with the collective agreement).
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in culture, nature and sports
This position is intended for the professional and scientific education of graduates of a Diploma or Master's degree programme with the aim of completing a doctorate programme in social and economic sciences. Applications from persons who already have a relevant doctoral degree or a relevant Ph.D. cannot be considered.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
- Application Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Notification of the Academic Degree Award
- Certificates (as proof of academic achievement)
- Reports on the Diploma or Master's Thesis
- Other relevant Certificates
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 309/22 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position”.
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by 17 October 2022 at the latest.
The University of Klagenfurt is aware of its social responsibility even in times of COVID-19. This is reflected by the high proportion of fully immunised persons among students and employees. For this reason, a continued willingness to be vaccinated in connection with COVID-19 is expected upon entering into university employment.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Ralf Terlutter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sonja Grabner-Kräuter (email@example.com). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.
 If you do not have a relevant Master's or Diploma degree in Business Administration or a business-related field of study, you may have to fulfil certain requirements in order to be able to participate in the doctoral programme in social and economic sciences.